Show: August 25, 2013:
- Can massage help painful menstruation?
- Do grandparents help ease depression?
- Should adult organs be used in pediatric patients?
- How can parents help children stay healthy while in college?
- Can recycling shopping bags spread bacteria?
- Will the relatives of Henrietta Lacks play a role in future HeLa cell research?
- What happens to our digital assets after we die?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: Can recycling shopping bags spread bacteria?
Consumers often use reusable shopping bags for a variety of purposes which can result in cross contamination of common items. Chuck Gerba, microbiologist at University of Arizona has found bacteria originated from raw meat on shopping bags, 8% of which contained the troublesome E.coli.