Show: April 21, 2013:
- The Family and Medical Leave Act turns 20
- Should health insurance exchanges be regulated by the federal government?
- Zapping addiction
- Doc chat: Are boys more susceptible to autism?
- Consumer Reports and health care
- How does gastric bypass surgery work?
- Should the sun be our primary source of vitamin D?
- Can food replace medicine?
- Could your pets be at risk for dementia?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: How does gastric bypass surgery work?
Everyone know that gastric bypass surgery can help those who struggle with their weight, but do you know how it actually works? Jeremy Shere speaks with Lee Kaplan, M.D. about the surprising effects of gastric bypass surgery.