Show: January 6, 2013:
- How does farm policy affect the nation's nutrition and health?
- Does sleep impact pain tolerance?
- How common are farm injuries in children and teens?
- What are the most grave public health concerns in the U.S.?
- Is there a science to maintaining your New Year resolutions?
- Are you a good parent?
- View all topics for the week
Are you a good parent?
Interview: Peter Schwartz, M.D., Ph.D., Acting Director (Sept 2012 – July 2013) of the Indiana University Center for Bioethics.
Answering this question from a safety perspective requires an advanced form of ethical thinking, according to Peter Schwartz M.D., Ph.D. Schwartz, who recently wrote about this topic and posed several ethical situations regarding child safety, summarizes these scenarios and the concept of the “prevention paradox” with “Sound Medicine” host Anne Ryder. Schwartz is the acting director of the Indiana University Center for Bioethics.