Show: January 6, 2013:
- How does farm policy affect the nation's nutrition and health?
- Does sleep impact pain tolerance?
- How common are farm injuries in children and teens?
- What are the most grave public health concerns in the U.S.?
- Is there a science to maintaining your New Year resolutions?
- Are you a good parent?
- View all topics for the week
What are the most grave public health concerns in the U.S.?
Interview: Judith Monroe, M.D., Director, Office for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support, Center for Disease Control.
Judith Monroe, M.D., director of the Office for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, provides critical leadership for supporting and revitalizing the public health system. Monroe, former Indiana state health commissioner, recently spoke in Bloomington about a wide range of public health concerns. She joins “Sound Medicine” host Barbara Lewis to discuss what she considers to be the biggest problems facing U.S. public health and the expanding role of government in health care.