Show: December 2, 2012:
- How can doctors combat violence?
- Can swimming spur development in young children?
- What role does fat grafting play in plastic surgery?
- Can a new care model improve outcomes for patients with Alzheimer’s disease?
- How is HIV treated today?
- Can math anxiety trigger physical pain?
- How is the Riley Mother Baby Hospital in Kenya impacting mothers?
- View all topics for the week
Did You Know?: Can swimming spur development in young children?
The Griffith Institute for Educational Research in Australia recently concluded that children who learn to swim develop more quickly than their peers who stay out of the water. ‘Sound Medicine’ host Jeremy Shere summarizes the results of this study in this weeks “Did you know?” segment.