Show: September 23, 2012:
- How prevalent are eating disorders among older women?
- What impact does fast food consumption have on the development of diabetes?
- What health risks are associated with tattoos?
- What has changed since the Womenís Health Initiative findings ten years ago?
- Why do chimps rarely suffer from cancer?
- How do long periods of sitting affect your longevity?
- How does a patientís motivation towards their health care facilitate health outcomes?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: Why do chimps rarely suffer from cancer?
While humans and chimps share 96% of their DNA, chimps rarely experience cancer in comparison to humans. Soojin Yi, Ph.D., faculty in the School of Biology at Georgia Tech reveals that there is not a simple answer to explain this observation.